is this mix possible?

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
Okay so I want to get a few things but idk it they will all get along. I would like one starfish. Preferably one that will turn up the sand a lot, one sea slug and one clam. I don't have a specific species picked out so it you have any recommendations that'd be great! Bit I just wanna see if these three things would be able to be together in a 29 gallon reef. I have some hermits right now and 2 sand sifter snails but that's about it for my cuc. Im not sure if fish matter but I have 2 occellaris clowns and one six line wrasse. Ohh and i have a purple and orange lobster that I never ever see lol unless he darts out for some krill.

You are thinking of a sandsifting star, which shouldn't be kept in a small tank like that -- it eats the microfauna out of the sand very quickly and will starve. They need very large tanks. You could get a brittle or serpent star instead.

As for slugs, there are not any that are commonly kept in the hobby because of their nutritional requirements. Lettuce leaf nudibranchs can be bought online and in some LFS, but they normally don't live longer than a couple weeks or months, and they feed on one specific type of algae (bryopsis) so unless you have bryopsis, the nudi won't last long at all. As for other types of nudibranchs, their food requirements are usually very specific and their lifespans are also short -- weeks to months.

A clam would be fine. There are several types of clams you could choose from.

The linkas will get much too big for your tank and they have a less than 50/50 chance of survival even in the best of tanks. But a fromia would do better in your tank, they stay smaller and are a little hardier.

However, i would wait until you have done several water changes with the RO/DI water. Star fish are some of the most sensitive animals, and will die if exposed to a lot of the metals found in tap water

Back