Is this over the limit?

OceanCrazy

Reefing newb
Hey guys,I have 2clowns,1 blenny, 1 6-Line, and 1 Coral Beauty in my 38.I also have 1 urchin, 2 pep shrimp, 1 sally Lightfoot, 1 emerald crab, and a lot of snails.

I would definitely say you are at your limit!! The rule is 1 fish for every 10 gallons. So therefore you are over the limit! I would not put anything else in that tank if I were you.

What tangs..? You can push the limit a little bit, more so in larger tanks. I think youve pushed it enough so I agree and recommend no more. Especially these tangs everyone is mentioning, but I dont see anything about in your post...

His stock list doen't say anything about a tang...

But to the OP - are you asking if it would be wise to add another fish? I would say your tank is beyond the generally accepted stocking limit

Hey guys,I have 2clowns,1 blenny, 1 6-Line, and 1 Coral Beauty in my 38.I also have 1 urchin, 2 pep shrimp, 1 sally Lightfoot, 1 emerald crab, and a lot of snails.

your shrimps crabs and snails dont add to the bioload thus dont count when asking about limit,

most people will say you are over your limit

i myself am probably one of the biggest rule breakers when it come to this

i have 1 clown , firefish , a goby AND blenny in my 29, just be very careful that nothing is stressed , but technically (by the book ) yes you are at your limit

Ok, I've gone crazy. Different thread with the tangs, but basically same question. Sorry about the confusion, but yes you are already overstocked.

I really don't buy the whole '1 inch per 10 gallon' rule. Really depends on the type of fish and what their requirements are and how much room they need to swim.

I have a 28g, which means I can have one 2.8" fish, which is only 1 six line wrasse. Na, don't buy it for a second.

On the opposite end of the spectrum are tangs. Per the rule, a 4" yellow tang should be able to be kept in a 40g, but as we all know, is a big NO NO.

I really don't buy the whole '1 inch per 10 gallon' rule. Really depends on the type of fish and what their requirements are and how much room they need to swim.

I have a 28g, which means I can have one 2.8" fish, which is only 1 six line wrasse. Na, don't buy it for a second.

On the opposite end of the spectrum are tangs. Per the rule, a 4" yellow tang should be able to be kept in a 40g, but as we all know, is a big NO NO.

FINALLY
Somebody actually gets it.:bounce: :bounce:

And to the OP.
JMO But your just at your limit.You could possibly get by with one or two more SMALL fish,but I wouldn't push if it was me.

No one said anything about inches, they said one fish per 10 gallons. And that guideline is strictly for bioload concerns obviously there are other things that come into play. Especially for fish like tangs where tank length is a huge consideration.

Back