Isopods!!!

Justinthereefer

this is bat country
Ok I have identified the mystery bugs,they are one of the isopods but I am not sure if they are the good ones or what so far I have seen four at the same time.They come out when ever I drop in a chunk of fish to feed my snails.They are super quick and do like a hit and run from the rock to the fish and back.I have not noticed any damage to my crabs,snails,or fish.I put in a Zoanthad colony yesterday about an inch and a half across,its doing good this morning.Should I leave the little guys in there or try to remove them.Or is there something cool to get that would eat them.Thanks guys.

that should be an amphipod... pretty much all planktonic animals are harmless... in fact consider it free food :) I believe thats what supplies most of my mandrin food since hes always gobblin' em down :)

I have them all over in my fuge. I can't understand why my mandarin is so skinny with these things crawling everywhere.

"Ordered"
Build it and they will come. Should have to order them. I have thousands and never had to order any. Do you have a refugium?

I have a hang on fuge with critters all over in it. But my mandarin is soooo skiny. He was fat when I got him, now he is skinny. :(

Back