italipinos Biocube 29

Candy canes still havent opened :disappoin. Going to my lfs today. Dont know what to do. I want to get a pistol shrimp/ YWG goby pair but dont have enough sand (only around 1.5 maybe, 2 inches). Can i add sand while im acclimating them? I might just end up getting the goby and maybe a cleaner shrimp today. I dont know.

You tell me what to do:D

You can add more sand to the tank. You can take a piece of PVC, put it down in the tank, then sand the sound down the PVC chute to minimize cloudiness.

Just got back from the lfs... Got a sixline wrasse and a peppermint shrimp!!!!! I'll post pics when there done acclimating!!!! :)

Update, New Pics

My peppirement shrimp molted!!!!
IMG_0497.jpg
Just got these green star polyps yesterday, going to try to attach some to the back wall
IMG_0513.jpg
Best pic that i could get of my sixline wrasse, he is my favorite fish!!!!
IMG_0528.jpg
Candy cane, my favorite coral in the tank!!!!
IMG_0515.jpg
And a FTS. If you see that string like thing on the top rock that is chaeto that keeps on growing. I wanna see how big its gonna get!
IMG_0532.jpg

Also, the green star polyps that came today are growing on some kind of coral skeleton. Not sure if you guys want me to take a pic of it but i think it should be fine. Right?

Also if you notice the clowns have to try and be in every pic, when i put my hand in the tank the one is always trying to swim in my palm, my little sister hand feeds him everyday!

UPDATE!!!! Its Been Awhile

Well my tank is coming along great. Just seeing the pics on the first page of this i was like wow:shock:!!! Some how i still have avoid any live stock death, or bad algae outbreaks (knock on wood)

Heres some new pics!
front.jpg

left.jpg

port 2.jpg

port.jpg
My clowns have hosted my toadstool :Cheers:... Cant seem to get a pic of them
host.jpg

Update 11/14/11

A little update on my tank! About 11 months old. Royal Gramma has the most personality in the tank, he is very nosey..
IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg
Fish checking you out
IMG_0849.jpg
Royal Gramma has to be in the pic!:D
IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg
New Zoa Frag
IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

Update 2/3/2012

Got some LEDs lights about a month ago and tank is doing great. Also added a DIY top off and im surprised i got it to work.

IMG_1298.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg
These zoas are the only coral in my tank that dont seem to grow
IMG_1308.jpg
Good growth on this in the past month
IMG_1317.jpg
20 heads on the candy cane. I think when i got it, it was 4 heads... pretty good growth for a year. You can see the duncan in the back, got that as 1 head, grew to 10 then i fragged it up a little bit
IMG_1320.jpg
4 heads when i got this, now it is 8, gonna frag it sometime this month
IMG_1324.jpg
Heres a picture of the back chambers. From left to right you can see diy auto top off, refugium light, mediabasket, and thermometer

Thanks for the comments. Does anybody know how to get good pictures under the LEDS?

Heres some pics of my clown hosting my toadstool. I think im going to get rid of my green star polyps and get either a maxima/crocea clam or a bubble tip anemone. Also getting a tunze 9002 skimmer in the next couple weeks. Will keep you guys updated:D
IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

More updates for you guys. Pretty much same as usual. Spectacular growth from all corals. I wish i posted a picture of the birdsnest a few months ago but it has nearly double in size. The montipora also has some really nice growth. It encrusted onto the rock it is on.
IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

Back