I've asked before: RO/DI unit?

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
I'm finally ready to buy my RODI unit. I need to make 10-15 gallons on a busy day. Someone posted a link to some plumber guys that sell them. Please suggest accessories necessary!

thanks,
Catherine

I look at those links and they all make my head spin. I've got an extra little sink in our kitchen. The idea is, I can hook my little RODI up to that sink and the family can also have a tap that gives good water. I can put a hose nozzle on it and use it to fill my 5 gallon buckets for water changes. Do I need a pressure valve bucket overflow hydrator with an optional flush system? There are too many options! Our water tends to be very hard in our area and that's all I know about plumbing! Can someone make a suggestion? Or, does anyone know which link of Dustin's can I go go to call the people and not let them sell me a bunch of stuff I don't need?

thanks,
C

i bought the multi use one from www.purewaterclub.com this unit come with a pressure tank float valve and facuet. one water line runs to a garbage can for water than to my sump and the second water line to the sink for drinking water.

I have bought 2 from filterdirect on ebay now..... if I needed another, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again..... the unit I'm using now has the drinking water setup teed off before the DI cartridge.... 100 gpd, and I only paid $130 for it.

My filterguys ro/di works great but couldn't compare it to others. But it came with some equipment that was extra at other places. Gotta pay attention to what you're getting. Hook up to my washing machine was a snap.

Ive got the Wind, water, and Ice mighty mite and it works great. Its also very compact so it fits almost anywhere.

Make sure you get a tds meter to make sure you're getting pure water out of it.
And make sure it comes with the correct hook ups for your particular application (under sink plumbing?).

And I heard it's not good to drink deionized water. But it looks like that might be taking the drinking water after the RO and before the DI

Last edited:
OK, I think we're getting this one, does it have everything I need? the one we're looking at is the top right corner.

http://www.purewaterclub.com/

thanks,
C

The link is dead, powerwaterclub has a strange site and doesn't tend to work on links, but their units make up for the sloppy site construction :P

They have a great little 'combo' if you plan on just slapping it on your spare sink, and is also portable (it also happens to be the one I have :P). The one I have is titled... [FONT=verdana,arial]0 PPM 100 Gallon Per Day Reef 4 stage Reverse Osmosis Reef Water Filter System.[/FONT] Before you go and buy it, a word of warning, make sure to establish what GENDER the faucet is WITHOUT the 'screen' attachment. They're faucet attachment is originally female but comes with a plastic adapter to make it male, the problem is that the plastic adapter is nothing short of teribad (at least IMO/E, maybe you'll have more luck)The unit I'm talking about has exactly what you need in terms of being able to get tap water from it without dissembling the system.

Hope I helped a little... Good luck.

I'm seriously looking at them as well, but i have to wait till the wife's new job/first paycheck situation is all figured out...

I'd like to know what you got, and what you think of it, if you got something.

yea, i've thought about getting a TDS meter... suggestions on where i should order one from? depending on what they cost, i might could get this while i'm waiting to save up for my ro-di filter.. i'd like to kknow what i'm getting outta the water house filter machine that i've been using...

i got mine from bulkreefsupply.com it it hooks to the in and out on the ro. i also got my ro from purewaterclub and am happy with it.

I bought mine off eBay for $70 delivered and it does 3 gals per hour. Its portable so I can hook it up to any house water outlet. I currently have it hooked up to the wash room sink faucet. I use about 4 gallons of RO water a day and can buy it locally for 30 cents a gallon so after two months the unit paid for itsself.

Back