Joined the mandarin club

BL1

These guys have been one of my favorite fish since I became interested in the hobby. Well, my LFS got a bunch of really healthy looking ones in last weekend and I felt my pod population has grow enough to support him.
DSCN0795.jpg

Picking pods off the rocks
DSCN0792.jpg

He is a handsome boy! Good luck with him. Make sure he is eating frozen food -- in a 28 gallon tank, your pods won't last for long.

He's not eating frozen yet but, the glass in my refugium is completely covered in pods so I figured I'd have enough at this point

Thanks Dave, I just hope he gets more adventurous, I can only get within 3 feet of the tank before he disappears and hides

They are shy fish, but they also have huge appetites. His hunger will eventually outweigh his shyness and he'll be out all the time foraging!

Congratz brian, biff is right, they have to eat and they get over the fact of us being scary very quickly, at least mine did

Congrats Brian,she has some weight,nice!Usually the ones I see at the LFS are anorexic.

You may have enough now but not for long.Try getting the mandarin at least supplemented with some frozen mysis,it may take some time.

Thanks reeffreak, I got the plumpest, healthiest one they had. I'm gonna try and get it supplimented, I just got some pe mysis today so maybe I'll start trying this weekend

I love those fish, they are so cool looking. I've read they look different when sleeping? Any pictures of your fish sleeping by chance?

I love those fish, they are so cool looking. I've read they look different when sleeping? Any pictures of your fish sleeping by chance?

You'd be surprised, a lot of fish change their colors at night. I can't get any pics of mine at night, he finds the smallest crevice all the way in the back of the tank to sleep

Back