Just Got A 55 Gal W/stand!!!

mrdarieus

Reefing newb
HELP, HELP, HELP!!!! I just got a 55gal tank w/stand :bounce: I have also ordered my lights for the tank(48" Lunar Aqualights Compact Fluorescent Strip Lights). I have read read and reread!!!! I thought of starting an anemone reef tank,,, but that may be to advanced for starters. I'd like for my water to be as close to perfect as possible. Can anyone tell me step by step where I go from here? Equipment etc... I am going to be moving at a slow pace!!! PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE. I am on a budget but I don't want to go cheap. The LFS have Tonga rock!!! Is that good quality? Someone please assist me in getting started.
Thanks rarecoral21 and bkv1997 :bowdown: for your response on the other post!!!!

Best recommendation I presently have is to go to the helpful articles and on page one you will find several articles for the beginner, and while there browse around a bit and read articles that seem to be of interest to you. helpful tips, for what its worth, etc. once you have read through the information posted for just this type of question come back here to your thread and post any additional questions you may have. good luck and congrats on your system.

water

As a water plant operator I recommend that you do not use tap water, period. It's safe for drinking, etc but not for your tank. I got a majority of my water at a R/O machine in a local grocery store. Of course I took a sample to the plant to test it. Came out good. Only cost a quarter a gallon. Used some large rubbermaid coolers to haul it. That was the hard part, making multiple trips to the store to fill my tank (55 gallon too).
The problem with tap water is the additives we have to add, such as phosphates, heavy metals that will always be there and various forms of chlorine, fluoride and other junk that may build up in your tank over time. Look around and see what you can find, beats paying $1.00 a gallon for distilled. :helm2:

Back