Just saying hello

MillstoneBill

Reefing newb
Hello all,

New to the forum and hoping to pick up good practices. Been out of the hobby for over 10 years and just started up a Red Sea Max C 130. I’m bedazzled by the LED’s that are now in the hobby so I ordered a strip that I can magnetically add but I’m wondering if that will be over kill. More specifically, I’m wondering if the existing lighting and the LED strip can harm my prospective future life (Right now I just have a clean up crew in there, two Chromis and Two Damsels).

Cheers.

Bill

IMG_1798.JPG
A little Hitch hicker on the live rock
IMG_1801.JPG
first week

Welcome to Living Reefs!

Tank looks great! I don't thing the lights will be overkill, just acclimate any corals you add slowly. Start at the bottom and work your way up. Don't want to put them through light shock

Welcome to Living Reefs!

Tank looks great! I don't thing the lights will be overkill, just acclimate any corals you add slowly. Start at the bottom and work your way up. Don't want to put them through light shock

Great advice. I never thought to work my way up. I was also thinking of concentrating the LEDs on the blue spectrum to make the corals pop. wondering if the Red Reef intermittent blue and white set up witht he addition of LED blues would screw up the spectrum. Any experienced feedback on this would be welcome. You guys are great.

Thanks

Bill

Back