Just starting out

asp60

Reefing newb
I would just like to say hi to everybody i am new to this forum and a new fish hobbiest.I have just started a 75g fowlr tank 2 weeks ago. my tankk has just finished cycling i used 3 cocktail shrimp to get things started i was suprised how well it worked .... here are my tank specs
75g marineland tank
c530 marineland canister filter
100 seaclone protein skimmer
korrila 3 wave maker
200w heater
single 50/50 bulb
50lbs of live rock
30lbs of live substrate
Like i said I'm new to the hobby and would appreciate any tips and advice you great people have to offer. :D

Welcome to the site Asp.
Looks like you got a pretty good start.But keep that canister cleaned good.Their not really recommends for marine systems,but you can get by with em on a FOWLR as long as your anal about keeping it clean.You'll probably want to trade that seaclone for a better skimmer to.Seaclones are great on smaller ( 30 gallons and under )tanks,but really dont have what it takes on bigger systems.
BTW
Got any pics of the tank? :D

welcome to the site and like yote said the seaclones are not very good skimmers i think we have all had one at sometime.

what are your plans for the tank fowlr or reef?

Hi and welcome! Sounds like you are trying to go for a fish only with live rock setup. I think that's probably the best way to ease your way into the hobby. It will give you time to save up money to buy a set of lights that can support corals and inverts.

Back