Kalkwasser Dosing

corystemp

Reefing newb
Is dosing with Kalkwasser as effective as using a calcium reactor. The price of a doser is way cheaper then a reactor. What are your guys opinions? What is the best way to dose so you know you get the right amount?

Are you sure you need to do either? Dosing with a regular liquid calcium supplement works fine for most people. Usually you will only need a calcium reactor if you have a tank full of SPS corals. Dosing with kalk can be tricky, and disastrous if you screw up (I recently had two tanks crash due to an accidental kalk overdose).

I use Kent Turbo Calcium, just a liquid additive. It works just fine. And for a lot of tanks, regular weekly water changes is enough to keep the calcium up.

you have to be very carefull with kalk. i made my own doser with a jug and airline tubbing. you just have to drip the kalk in very slowly. you use it as top off water for the tank. i use it every now nd then but not all the time. i like the 2 part i get from bulkreefsupply it is much easier and i dont have to worry about a kalk overdose you can shoot your Ph way way up if you add to much at once

Chances are,you wont really need either,unless you set up an SPS only tank.
But of the 2,kalk is the cheapest.

Back