Kenya coral

lilmatty5dimes

Reef enthusiast
Some1 has some frags for sale and was wondering if they would work in a BioCube 14. If I stick it up on the top of my rocks it would be in the middle of the tank where there is probably the most flow and most lights in the tank. Thanks lil Matty

Kenya tree corals from what i know are damn near invincible. Very hardy. Will flourish in moderate to high lighting and medium to strong flow. Microplankton, marine snow and dissolved materials should make up the bulk of its diet since it relies less on the symbiotic algae within it. I know this cause i just bought one about an hr ago and is acclimating. lol I just researched it abit. A frag in your 14g should be fine but be careful i hear they will appear all of over your tank when branches fall off. Also i hear they are excellant warning signs for a needed water change. If they start to shrivel up. Water change time. Good luck!

Yea they are a great coral but eventually you will hey sick of it dropping branches all the time. I started with one and ended up with prlly a dozen and brought them all to my lfs.

Mine pinched off 5 or 6 frags per week. I didn't mind getting them out but it's the ones that fall in a crevise and you dont see untill it takes hold. Then they are a PITA! My lfs wouldn't take them so I flushed them...along with a bunch of xenia.

I have also noticed mine shrivel up about twice a month, not just when its water change time. It seems like its their time to excrete waste, cause if it eats, it poops

Awesome. Did you put anything in the water when you were acclimating it? Or just like a new fish. Thanks I think I'll go ahead and buy it and try it out. $5 isn't too much money. Thanks again.

It's a really hearty coral so just temp acclimating would be fine.Add a little tank water every 15 minutes or so just to give yourself a little peace of mind.Do you have anything to dip it in like Coral Rx? Unwanted hitch hikers is a battle worth avoiding rather than fighting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoX1-dFppYQ]CoralRx - Don't Risk it. Dip it. - YouTube[/ame]

I have 2 one of the first corals I ever got. They are very hardy and do well in most lighting conditions. I have not had the issue of them spreading at all though they just grow bigger but no spreading which I like.

I just put one in today, id say in the store it was 6-7 inches tall, Now its shrunk to maybe 2 inches. and hasnt budged. Is this normal for them? I ask because the other 2 newest corals i have a torch and frogspawn opened up within hours after being put in.

Yea kenyas bunch up really small if they are pissed. And sometimes they stay like that for days and shed like a mucus layer. It will be fine. If you have other healthy corals in your tank the Kenya will be fine.

Back