Kevin's 8 Gallon Biocube

i dont think ive ever paid more than 20 lol i cannot justify spending $80 bucks on a pair on jeans.
So...you buy really expensive pants, not to wear them, but to hang them on the wall? HUH? :lol: I don't think I've ever spent more than $60 on a pair of jeans.

this thread if making me wanna sell them to pay for aquarium stuff :P

but, back on topic. it seems my cycle has officially started. hopefully in the next couple weeks a cuc will be added and we can let the games roll

hey...

my tank is cycling...

yeahwtfsup.jpg

got a good amount of diatoms building up now, ill test water parameters when i get home from my scholarship audition / summer course tests today.

hopefully be getting to the point of adding a cuc soon. im planing on going with only snails, no hermits if possible.

It's definitely possible ... I don't have any crabs in my cuc only snails, serpent stars, and an urchin

well i find this to be kinda strange, the tanks been up for a week and a half now. im getting diatoms, a pretty significant amount mind you... but i just tested the waters and it looks as if all params are reading 0...

now correct me if im wrong, dont you USUALLY see diatoms nearing the end of the cycle? not to mention, wouldn't I be getting SOMETHING of a read out? i doubt my cycles complete after a week...

well i know we all like pics too haha so

testitup.jpg

Where you got your LR from? If you LR is fresh enough and not much thing to die, it could have just a mini-cycle and finish quite fast.

i got it from my brother out of his established tank. that could be possible. ill give it some more time to see if i see anything before diving in though.

Nice! If you carried your brother's LR home with them submerged in water, I'm pretty sure your cycle is done.

That is that sweet sweet LR that I packaged with love(submerged) in cycled water. Like I mentioned on AIM, it has more surface area than your garden variety LR so it has a MUCH higher filtration capacity.

It is good to see it coming together.

Last edited:
Well I come bearing updates. All the params are still reading great so I decided it was about time to start in... I picked up some more LR from my lfs along withhhhh, yeah.

watchman1.jpg

And heres a current fts:

tankshot2-1.jpg

I'm waiting for some stuff to come in from intank, media rack, chemipure, some other stuff and a light to mount on the back so I can get my cheato in the back chambers rather than in the display, but its almost doubled in size since my brother gave it to me haha.

Beautifull shots Kevin!! The tank looks amazing, and the shot of that goby is reallly freeekin sweet enter that in the photo of the month contest :)

He seems to be settling in pretty nicely. I'll try and feed him either tonight or tomorrow morning and see how that goes over.

My new ballast is supposed to come in tomorrow so I'll have the full wattage of lighting back in action and I can start picking up some corals.

Back