Kole tang.....Maybe?

Reefrookie

Not so new anymore!
Anyone have experience with these fish. There is a gorgeous one at the LFS I go to, But I am wondering if it will get along with my Powder Brown. From what research I found, they should be OK, not being closely related.....Thanks

I have a kole tang. He lives with a yellow tang, sailfin tang and vlamingi tang. I'd say the kole is the least aggressive of all of them. Give it a shot.

I have a kole tang. He lives with a yellow tang, sailfin tang and vlamingi tang. I'd say the kole is the least aggressive of all of them. Give it a shot.

I think I will give it a shot. What's neat about this fish is it has orange, instead of yellow, eye rings. Really neat looking........Thanks guys!

I'll go with Yote's 50/50 chance.I'm sure the kole will get along with the powder brown but not sure the PB will get along with the kole.My PB can be a booger,she is the boss of the tank and will chase every fish added for at least a few days.You may need to keep the lights off for a day or two til the kole settles in.

I say go for it
Add it with the lights out after a heavy feed.. it seams to work for me

You will be ok in my eyes :P

Well, I drove over to Thatfishplace today to pick up my Kole Tang. What a disaster that was. It looked like he was in a steel cage match!!! He had been in with another fish that tore him up pretty good. He was hiding in a piece of PVC, all pale and very shy. Needless to say, I passed on the purchase, and I was put on their special order list for a red sea Kole

thats cool. hoepfully it works out for you. too bad the other one got punked!

rookie where is a 125 thread in the tank showcase. i would like to see some pics on the progress of your tank

Back