koralia 1

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
I seem to have little flow, at least alot less than I expected. Absolutely silent, but my MJ 900 is moving alot more water it seems. I noticed it came with a flow concentrator, but I didn't put it on. Shouldn't this unit be pushing more than the MJ?

I havent used any of the number 1's at all, my friend has one and was disappointed with the flow and wished he got another #2. They do move water, just not in a very concentrated stream like most power heads. Try the flow concentrator thing and it will help you get a more conventional stream of water movement. I had them on my #2's and then decided to take them off to even out the flow more. Do what you like though, what ever works best for you.

MaxiJets shoot the water out in a narrow stream, whereas Koralias spread the water out in a wider stream... So yeah, it's moving water, but it's just not as direct as the MaxiJets.

I have two #1's in my 55. they put out decent flow in a wide pattern. It seems to be enough for me, along with my dual sump returns.

MJ move water better in a stream. Ks do not because they get spread out in multiple directions with that diffuser thing. I like the MJ for power, but in all reality, the rio powerheads have the most powerful jet stream I have found, especially for the price, even though they are not the longest lasting powerhead

-Doc

Back