Koralia 3

Jschamber89

Reefing newb
I have a 29 Gallon tank and got the koralia 3 today cause somebody said I needed 2 Koralia 2s so I figured one 3 would work.... but I put it in and it blew the whole tank around and was way to powerful.... what size should I really get for a 29 gallon??

I have (2) #1s in my tank. You will need more than one for water agitation.
I am not thrilled after a year with my Koralias though.

I have been thinking about two tunzee turbelle nanostream 6025s or one 6045 combined with a 6025.

The #3 is way too powerful for a 29g though.

I've got one high-powered return pump, and one K1. but the surface area of my tank is less than most, 'cause it's a cube, so I don't need so much.

I am using dual Koralia 3's in a 100 show tank... Those 3's move the HELL out of some water. I had to position them to stay aimed at the LR cause they were trenching my sand with the current.

I am still a marine green horn, but fro what I have read, that 3 should be P L E N T Y for your 30... maybe too much

A Koralia 1 or 2 is plenty for a 29G tank. I don't like the Koralias. Although popular, they're big and stand out a lot --reaching almost to the center of tank. A couple powerheads, rated for 30G are smaller and cheaper.

Sen,

I can definitely see where the Koralia would be a MONSTER in a 30. They arent too bad in my 100 (6 foot long I think).

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 900
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 2,324
(Have I mentioned yet today that this "Cycle" wait is KILLING ME!!!!)

......3 more weeks until CLEAN UP CREW!!!!!!

Yeah, in a Biocube 29 they stand way out. I actually put mine down low in the back corner and have it pushing flow under the LR and thru my hidden PVC pipe foundation. I use loc lines and a rotating spout for the rest of my flow. Cooling fans stir the surface water.

(Have I mentioned yet today that this "Cycle" wait is KILLING ME!!!!)

......3 more weeks until CLEAN UP CREW!!!!!!

hey do you have a sump? If you do i would put that heater in there instead of your DT.......sorry i just notice little things, but just a suggestion. Also thats a good looking tank. How many lbs of LR is that?

hey do you have a sump? If you do i would put that heater in there instead of your DT.......sorry i just notice little things, but just a suggestion. Also thats a good looking tank. How many lbs of LR is that?

Funny you mention that... Im building out a 29G sump this weekend. In just 2 weeks I have learned a TON of stuff from here. I am a 5 year Fresh Water pro and this Salty stuff is C O M P L E T E L Y different!

But yes... when I get my sump, skimmer, overflow, and plumbing in place, EVERYTHING will be leaving the DT and put into the Sump.

Also, Just to start the cycle, I have 35(ish) pounds of LR and 20 of Stock Rock.

The more I look at it, the more I want more. I think this weekend Im going to grab another 30 for the tank and 20 for the sump...

But everybody is telling me that I dont need anymore for the DT.... so I dunno. Im torn... if I dont do something, Im going to buy a fish or coral...

ROFL!!!!

only so many times you can test your water parameters in a tank with 1 baby snail and nothing but rock before you start to go nuts!

You'll be surprised how much rock comes with some of the corals you get, too, and just how much space the coral themselves can take up. :) But, the general rule is 1-2 lbs of LR per gallon. So you could probably get more rock, imo. The tank looks great though-- good job waiting for the cycle to finish. your patience will definitely be rewarded!

Back