Koralia failure

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
Well I had my first impeller failure. It was on one of my 750's. $24 for a new impeller or $43 for a new 1400? I picked the 1400. I am curious though, why is the plastic surrounding the magnet on the impeller shaft? Mine was so cracked and swollen that I had to use pliers to pull the shaft out. Seems like that cover really isn't needed.

If you contact koralia they will replace the impeller for free because of the issues with the casing over the magnet breaking. Also also believe the casing is to prevent water from reaching the magnet, which for reason I dont fully understand, causes it to swell.

The casing on the magnet is there to prevent one thing, RUST. Since magnets are made from steel products, they rust easily in a saltwater environment. All pump magnets are covered in a plastic protective case for this purpose. Unfortunately some fail causing issues such as this. I've had one fail on my Sicce PSK 1000, and also on one of my Vortech MP10's.

The casing on the magnet is there to prevent one thing, RUST. Since magnets are made from steel products, they rust easily in a saltwater environment. All pump magnets are covered in a plastic protective case for this purpose. Unfortunately some fail causing issues such as this. I've had one fail on my Sicce PSK 1000, and also on one of my Vortech MP10's.

+1 on correct answer.

So my new 1500 (not 1400) came in yesterday. If calculations are correct, I'm now turning over 41.11times per hour. I've seen it discussed here, and been part of said discussions, that 40 is the "optimal" number anyway. Just curious, how in the world to you folks run 2 or three 1400/1500's in your tanks?!?!?! Just this one is blowing stuff around like crazy!!!

So my new 1500 (not 1400) came in yesterday. If calculations are correct, I'm now turning over 41.11times per hour. I've seen it discussed here, and been part of said discussions, that 40 is the "optimal" number anyway. Just curious, how in the world to you folks run 2 or three 1400/1500's in your tanks?!?!?! Just this one is blowing stuff around like crazy!!!

Multiple smaller powerheads. The total flow adds up, but the brute power isn't there.

Back