Leaching time for a BG made of Styrofoam, Concrete and Drylok

pfcbizz

Reefing newb
Hello, I built a BG for my fishtank made of styrofoam, concrete and drylok, I let it cure for about two weeks before I inserted themin my fishtank I used a fish-safe adhesive when I inserted the pieces and now I'm in the process of leaching the tank, I've already done this three times and I want to know while I'm doing this what type of testing should I be doing ? and/ or are there anything or things I should be also doing at this stage ? I'm new to saltwater and look forward to learning as much as I can, I'm also doing alot of research online and getting alot of different opinions and I'm taking them all in but I want to hear more.

in addition, I checked my PH in the tank and it was 78 and I know thats low so what should I do to raise it ?

7.8 is a fine pH for a tank, so i would just leave it alone. Also the pH will rise as the day progresses.

Also im not sure what BG stands for, but im not sure i would put anything made of styrofoam and concrete in my tank.

A few of my friends make them out of Great stuff. It seams to work fine and cures hard. They coat it with sand before it cures and makes cool shapes. They have had no ill effects on anything in the tanks and corals grow normaly.

Hello, people I'm glad to be here and hope to make alot of friends here and learn alot, and to the Little_fish thank you twice for the welcome to the group and for the adviseon the PH level reading, so let me ask would you say its ready to be cycled ?

Back