Learning

Butch 36

Reefing newb
I learned alot on this site by reading and asking questions,,BUT I learned a couple of things on my own...1...what ever you think its gonna cost to build a saltwater reef tank,,,double it and then triple that....2...This hobby is more addictive that crack cocaine!!!!!LOL...when I first started talking to wife about finally converting one of my fresh to saltwater,I told her at the most,At the very most,It would cost around 500 dollars..GOOD GOD,,was I wrong..I was saying 500 dollars thinking I had some extra money for cushin...I have receipts for everything that I purchased,and i'm to scared to add them up.It's prolly best I don't...LOL...And about the addiction,,it seems I can't go to the LPS without spending atleast 50 bucks...BUT,i'm to far in it to turn back...hahahaha
ps Thanks to all of you guys,for being so nice and helpfull
Butch

lol yeah. I knew about the cost though. I knew alot of people already into it. From what ive heard, my dads entire side of the family has reef tanks, and my little cousin william has a 350 gallon shark tank... 1 Thing I have learned on price, is that new isnt always best lol. my LFS doesnt know squat, and that online hardware/drygoods purchasing is much much cheaper.

I wish I could have purchased used stuff,,but the thing was ,,I didn't know anything about saltwater (I still don't) and had to take the LPS's word of what I needed.And I knew nobody that has saltwater tanks.Thats why it took me so long to convert to salt...It kinda feels to me,,and some of yall might remember this,,The first day of school ,going to kindergarten, getting on the bus,ALONE.That scared to death feeling.no one to turn to ,,,well yall get the point...LOL.. oh by the way,,,Where do yall shop online? that would be very helpfull..I only tried Ebay...sometime the price goes higher than brand new...
Thanks

Last edited:
just a couple, Marine Depot, Dr Foster and Smith, That Fish Place, Pounder 13 one of our members, Premium aquatics, and there are others some may weigh in here . see our sponsors posted at the top and bottom of the forum pages. good luck.

Last edited:
to bad u don't live in california/long beach i would hook you up with my fish store they sell tons of used stuff and they wont sell u stuff u don't need oh and by the way by from marine depot i shop there in person they are really well kept up place they have about 100 tanks one is 2000 gal its a really nice place

Last edited:
Back