Leather coral sick?

hoosierreefer

Reefing newb
I have a pink leather toadstool coral. It is about 6 inches tall and has top about 8 inches across. It always goes through cycles where it will have a skin and then the little fingers will come out. I did a water change yesterday....as i do regularly, and today there is a small spot on one side of the toadstool that looks white...it almost looks like it has been burned. There are no other corals near it that could touch it. It has been in the same place for about 6 months since i've got it...Any ideas on what's happening?

Really hard to say, maybe another coral sloughed off and some got on it, if you add water directly to the tank maybe your makeup was not to its liking, maybe it is getting ready to split or propagate, maybe something has decided to try it for lunch. just watch it closely and try to see if anything in the tank is bothering it. Im sure others will weigh in here also. Provide good circulation just past it, not directly on it but just past it so the entire coral gets moving water around it. something could have settled on it that has burned it. good luck.

I have flatworms in my tanka s well. I have noticed them on the leather before. but this is the first time i've noticed a spot on it.....I have a six-line wrasse that actually eats the flatworms..they went from infesting my tank to just a minimal amount now!

Back