Led help

igadget56

Reefing newb
I have two questions. My tank is 125 gallons 72 inches long 20 inches deep.
I have one evolution LED 200 W 3G.LED Aquarium Lighting | Evolution LED Lights
2:1 blue/warm white. I will be getting another one when funds allow. I
have it hanging about 14 inches above the water in the center for now.
I am wondering if I need the blue or just the white lights on for coraline algae
and LPS corals? Would save on juice when I'm not home. When I have the blue and white lights on at the same time it looks kind of washed out. The tank is built into the wall. Is there some kind of a blue LED strip light I could mount on the wall just above the tank? Would that make the coralline and coral look more colorfull? Any suggestions on other lights that might work better. How high should I have it hanging above the water? Sorry for the long post, just that there is a lot to absorb, and I am pretty green. Thanks for reading.

If you have an LED fixture, you don't need stunner strips to make the Corraline look better, the LED's will be fine. As far as what color, it doesn't really matter for Corraline growth, both colors will probably grow it. White light is generally better for growing corals, but blue LED's are usually ones that give you the depth penetration (look up the PAR reading thread for the AquaIllumination LED's on ReefCentral to see what I'm talking about)

Back