LED light

fjoanne

Reefing newb
has anyone ever heard of these lights?
dsrfostersmith.com
I know they are a little expensive but christmas is coming and BF asked what I want:D
If they are good lighting I think it will be a merry x-mas:bounce:
it will be for my 29 gallon tank

that's the one I was thinking about the large one I have a viper 150w right now but when I upgrade to a larger tank I wanted to move my viper to my 46 gal and use the led lights in my 29 gallon or should I use the led on the 46 gal? I would like to try my hand at SPS coral is this a good light for that?

It says on the web site that this light will grow sps
just to clarify I will be getting the 72 light strip not the 12 light strip.
just wanted to know how well they would grow under this light compared to MH.

I know
do you think they are worth it or should I stick with MH mabye get 250 watts? I have a problem with heating in my tank it stays around 82 when the lights are on and am afraid a larger light will cause overheating this light is suppose to be much cooler running and was told coral does really well under it.
my bf is getting a huge settlement check and says he wants to spend some on little ol me:^:. He also said he will get me a bigger tank:mrgreen: can't wait.

If you're looking for LEDs, I wouldn't go with that brand. Check out aquaillumination.

reefgeek sells them, I'm waiting for them to be in stock, I think I'm going to give it a try. I know it's crazy, but I'd rather pay a lot upfront than to raise my temp & elec bill for MH.

yup....I really, really want them tho, haha.
I sold something pretty expensive on ebay and decided to use it on my fishtank, so I can spend that money without feeling too guilty. But the new ones' release date keeps being pushed back.

Geez when Dcan's calling something expensive, I don't know if I even want to click on the link! Expensive is relative when it's coming from the guy with the $300 kitty litter box! ;)

But I did click on the link anyways and they look really really awesome.

That's one thing I don't miss about having a cat! I hated doing that! My cattle dog isn't very good with cats, tho, so I don't think I'll be doing litter changes anytime soon.

Yeah, the light looks really awesome - I think in the long run, it'll be the same price as a MH. I have reservations (like Yote, as he pointed out a few months ago) about the new technology, but these lights have been around a decent amount of time and have a positive review.

Right now my junky nova-extreme t5 (literally corroding it's way apart) only has 2/4 lights working, so I only have an old white and an old blue working. My corals have stopped growing, so I need to do something soon. I hope these lights are available soon!

I did, against Yote's sage advice. I did a lot of research, and I think LEDs have come a long way since solaris. AI seems like a pretty reputable (after speaking to Greg from reefgeek on the phone) company dedicated to making a solid product.

When I get them, you better believe I'll post some pics! Ultimately, they're going to be a key component in my post-deployment 120-150 gallon upgrade.
Alex

those are expensive. I think if I asked for those from my bf I probably wouldn't get my bigger tank and I really want both. So a little too rich for me. another something to dream about I guess.

Back