LED lighting???

imdaring

love my reef
I want to add some red LED lighting to my tank so my [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]corals[/COLOR][/COLOR] have a red / pink glow to them do you think that this it to much?? any ideas here are the details and pics on it

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]MeasureExplorer LED product: ME-LED-B11WDRP, Wide view angle 24-LED Bar, Red, Power, 1[/FONT]
You get a [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Wide [COLOR=blue! important]Angle[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] Red 24-LEDs 12" Bar Units with Universal [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Power [COLOR=blue! important]Adapter[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]!
Comparing to our standard 12" LED tube, this item double the number of LED in order to increase the total light flux generated. We believe this design takes the LED density limit for this tube setup.
This is the item when you need uniform pure Red illumination application.
We also offer other type of LED bar lighting unit, please check [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]LED [COLOR=blue! important]lights[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] for more possibilities, [FONT=Arial,sans-serif]LED Lights[/FONT]
24 ultra bright LED bar comes with universal AC/DC power adapter with input range 100V – 240V. Wide view angle (about 120 degrees) 5mm LED with separation 0.423 inch (10.7mm). The tube takes dimension of 0.59 inch (15mm) in diameter, and 12.25 inch (210mm) in length.
Complete waterproof submersible package
[COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Power [COLOR=blue! important]consumption[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]: 2W.

Attachments

• LED.jpg
    LED.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 337
  • led 2.jpg
    led 2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 238
Not too sure on this one.
I know people who use the LED bars without the MAIN lighting active.
They cycle these bars in the AM & PM to simulate sunrise and sunsets.

I would think that your MAIN lights would overpower the LED bars, therefore negating any effects of the red color.........

I would like to hear other's thoughts as well!

yeah I cant see anything happening when you turn them on with your main lights since they are so much more powerful than the LED's

I'd be concerned about the red light putting out light in the red color spectrium.Which is optimal for algae.

I actually had the same strip. Did nothing with the main lights on. I would double check if they were even on. But they were ok in the absence of moonlights until mine came in. My strip had the option of choosing which color you wanted them to be. They could be blue, red, purple, or white.

I have two of the current LED strips on my 25 (the actinic blues). That's a total of 8 one watt LEDs, and it makes a noticible difference in my tank.

I love them, but I'd be skeptical of the reds...one: maybe it would look a little funny (just a personal opinion), and 2: what Yote said about algea.

We have 3 LED lights that are blue - single lights, not strips. I do recommend LEDs, I like having a little light in the tank when it is dark so that I can kind of see what is going on. I am not sure as stated above about red. I like the blue because it looks natural.

Back