Leslee's 29gal

Leslee

Reef enthusiast
I am going to put the pics of both of my tanks in here!

First is the 29 gal

These are the first pics I have of the tank, the Damsels are still in it. (Which I now realize is VERY mean and wont do it again, I promise!)

SDC10131.jpg

SDC10132.jpg

Here is the tank some are from yesterday and some are from today.

I just added the live rock on the top right, I am trying to add more and aquascape more so it looks better. I have to take my time with it because the newer tank.
Is the stuff growing in the sand, the redish purple stuff normal?
SDC10155.jpg

SDC10160.jpg

SDC10161.jpg

You can see my very shy wrasse in this one!
SDC10167.jpg

SDC10168.jpg

For some reason as soon as I got my camera out the Royal Gramma was shy too!
SDC10169.jpg

AND WHAT IS THIS GROWING????
(the green thing!)
SDC10165.jpg

SDC10166.jpg

SDC10154.jpg

Re: Leslee's Tanks!

Here are the starting pics of the new 22 gal. I am planing this to be corals and *maybe* seahorses! But there is LOTS of research to be done before that is decided!

Sand is still settleing!
SDC10150.jpg

SDC10145.jpg

Looking better!

SDC10170.jpg

SDC10172.jpg

Thats all for now! We are still waiting for it to cycle!

I always liked those green coris wrasses.
That green thing is a type of sponge.When you do your water changes,just break it off and siphon it out.Just dont stick you hand in the water for an hour or so afterward.That type of sponge releases something that will make you itch like nothing else will.
Great looking tanks BTW.

I always liked those green coris wrasses.
That green thing is a type of sponge.When you do your water changes,just break it off and siphon it out.Just dont stick you hand in the water for an hour or so afterward.That type of sponge releases something that will make you itch like nothing else will.
Great looking tanks BTW.

Should I peel it off the rock? Is it bad to have? I am feeling bad that I have let it grow as long as I have!!!

Yote is right about the green thing -- it's a sponge. Your tanks are looking good!

The purple-red stuff on and in your sand is normal -- it's just algae.

Should I peel it off the rock? Is it bad to have? I am feeling bad that I have let it grow as long as I have!!!

Not unless you just want to peel it out.It wont hurt anything at all,just make your arms and hands itch is you happen to snap a piece off while working in the tank.

So, a little sad, I haven't seen my wrasse Margarita for 2 days now. Heres to hoping I will see him tomorrow! :Cheers: Just realized I never told you my fishies names! The green wrasse is Margarita. The royal gramma is popsicle. The clowns are Lucy and Ricky.

I am having some serious tank envy! I will be reaquascaping my 29 gal soon. Just have to find the time to get to the LFS and get more LR. I go back to teaching on Monday! So I will be working 2 jobs again, and then in 2 weeks, back to grad school...so the aquascaping needs to happen this week! ALSO I am thinking about getting rid of the HOB filters and upgrading. But first I need a new stand, one with doors so I can hide the equipment! I am supposed to be focused on my thesis and not what I can do next to my tank!

Did you check the floor for your Wrasse? Do you have cats?

I do have cats. The Bengal, Artemis would LOVE a fish treat, but the top is on the tank, and the only openings are in the back. Margarita usually stays to the bottom of the tank...I haven't looked but I will.....

Coris wrasses are known for both hiding and jumping.I used to have a Yellow Coris that would hide in the sand for 2 weeks at a time,then one day I found him stuck to the back of the stand.
Hope Margarita is just hiding.

Well I looked and no Margarita on the carpet, and no Margarita yet today! I hope he comes out soon! I love that little shy bugger!

When they jump out it's called "carpet surfing" :lol:

Tank is looking really good. Nice live rock. Plenty of activity there.

Back