Leslee's 29gal

If the fish remain small, and you have enough rockwork/hiding places, and you do regular water changes, then yea, you could keep 6 fish.

+1 Smitty. I forgot about to say that all my fish are about 2" or less with the exception of the algae blenny which is about 4". If you want to add another small fish try looking at gobies or blennys or a nice six-line wrasse.

I don't have a fuge. I was thinking about getting one, but there is a chance I will be able to upgrade this tank to a 55 in the future so I haven't set anything up yet. I have about 45-50 lbs of live rock and I do have lots of hiding spots. I want to add more rock, so that is on the list as well. All of my fish are 2" or under. The female clown and the wrasse are the biggest at about 2".

I was thinking about a purple fish fish goby, or maybe a clown goby? Or even a couple chromis? A 6 line wrasse is cool, but I already have a corris wrasse and I am worried about them not getting along! I want to make sure they are more of a social fish as that is kind of why I want more fish. I feel like all I have in this tank is the two clowns, the others spend a lot of time hiding!

I have a green clown goby and they're pretty cool fish. Some people say they hid all the time and don't see them much. Mine swims around all day. How about a scooter blenny? I have one of them as well and see it constantly. It literally scoots around the rocks all day looking for food.

Any of the gobies would be great, but you probably won't see a clown goby much -- they are tiny and hide well!

If you get firefish, they'll do better in a pair. They tend to be out in the open a lot, so those would be nice fish as well.

Any of the gobies would be great, but you probably won't see a clown goby much -- they are tiny and hide well!

If you get firefish, they'll do better in a pair. They tend to be out in the open a lot, so those would be nice fish as well.

Just carefull with the firefish. They are jumpers. I know, two of mine landed behind the tank. Turned into fish jerky before I found them. Also, my clowns were kind of agressive towards them. Not sure if you have clowns but just wanted to let you know.

Just carefull with the firefish. They are jumpers. I know, two of mine landed behind the tank. Turned into fish jerky before I found them. Also, my clowns were kind of agressive towards them. Not sure if you have clowns but just wanted to let you know.

I do have clowns.....hmmmmm what to do, what to do!

Brian, I am thinking I might have to visit one of those fish stores you suggested to me!

I am still needing to visit the one in lombard. My wife and her mom drove past it one day while driving around shopping for baby stuff. They said it looked nice from the outside:mrgreen:

Bj, you mean they wouldn't stop and look for you? I would assume if you bought a pair of the firefish they would be less likely to be bullied by the clowns.

I bought 3. They were on sail for 3 for 30. That didnt stop the clowns. They drove two to commit suicied and the third one probably starved to death behind the rockwork. Never seen him again:grumble:

They do leave my lawnmover blenny alone. I think it is because he is content hiding in the rockwork to come out to munch on some algea.

You see, this is why I'm starting to not like clownfish, this generation of them are super aggressive like their cousins(damsels). Having a pair of clowns should not dictate what you can and cannot keep in your tank.

You see, this is why I'm starting to not like clownfish, this generation of them are super aggressive like their cousins(damsels). Having a pair of clowns should not dictate what you can and cannot keep in your tank.

I am starting to not like them either! I am seeing them pick on the others and man does Lucy go crazy when I am trying to clean the glass on the tank! If she had teeth I would have no arm! But they are the only ones who come out but maybe that is because they are so mean to the others!

I am still needing to visit the one in lombard. My wife and her mom drove past it one day while driving around shopping for baby stuff. They said it looked nice from the outside:mrgreen:

I am telling you! You need to go in! They are always very honest with me and will answer all of my questions! Sometimes you have to wait to get someone to help you because they can be busy but its worth the wait! I am part of their fish club and I think I get 10% off of each purchase and sometimes certain things are 20% off. I am pretty sure it cost only $10 to join so for me in the first purchase of live rock it paid for itself!

OH and when are you and your wife coming to my restaurant! You can sit by the 2200 gallon fish tank while eating fish! LOL!

My clowns only fought with my Damsel and that was a given...they leave the others alone...easily one of the more interesting, hardy, and cheap fish to find as well...so really they are worth it..maybe the other fish shouldn't be pansies ;)

SO! I have been thinking about taking my fish, and live rock and putting them into the 22 gal tank I have in the living room. The 22 gal has the t-5 lights. It is a rimless cube tank. It was one of those all in one kit things. The back has a section with a protein skimmer, the skimmer sucks, then the water flows over several carbon pads and is pumped back into the tank.

I was planning on draining the tank, then taking 1/2 the water from the 29 and putting it in there, adding new water and changing over the fish.

I would put the Aqua-c remora hob skimmer I bought for the 29 on there and take the sucky one away. Would I be able to make the section where the skimmer is now into a fuge? The water just flows over the side of this section into the pump section.

THEN, I was toying around the idea of making my 29 gal a pony tank!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Does this seem like a good idea or not so much?

Well the smaller tank has the nice light already and I don't have one for the 29. I am not sold on ponies for sure, but garden eels might be cool, I dunno what to do! I feel like I have a good skimmer on the 29, but the good lights on the 22. So I am not sure what route to go! Plus I never painted the back of the 29, and I want that done. I am not sure what to do! I really want corals so I don't know what to do!!! I also want to upgrade the 29 to a bigger tank and use the 29 as the fuge. TOO many ideas!!!

Back