Light Bulb Help

Jimboaf

We can build it
I had my light for about 6 months now and all the sudden today, two of my white lights whent out and a blue. I am not sure which bulbs to replace them with. The ficture that I bought awhile ago is the same as this one on e-bay,
\http://www.ebay.com/itm/48-324W-T5-...464?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20d2107d38

It says that the white bulbs were 12,000k but I was wondering if there was any good in going up to 14,000k or adding purple. I am going to try to focuse on coral growth. I have a mix of stony and soft corals and am thinking about adding more. Any advice would be great, and please let me know if I let anything out.

Thanks yea, after doing some more research during work today I am leaning more twards the 14k, I am thinking two 14k white, two true purple and two true blue.

I'd switch bulbs around to determine that the bulbs actually are bad. I am thinking more of a ballast problem.

One you are ready to buy new bulbs, contact refugees.com and tell them the desired look and effect you are wanting the achieve. They will suggest the perfect bulb combo for what you want.

Thanks I will have to check them out, and I did check the ballast this weekend and all is fine just thoes two bulbs.

Back