light bulb make difference?

I agree with what Bobby says, depending on the depth of your tank, MH will be better than T5s. I have read that T5s lose their effectiveness at depths greater than 18 inches.

yea it is defeinitely deeper than 18", probably about 24 or so...what would be a good MH unit to get, i do plan on getting so sps and lps later down the road, all i have now/will have in the near future is zoas, mushrooms, xenia....

What is the length of your tank? Most 55 gallon tanks are 48" long. There are tons of 48" MH fixtures to choose from, that would sit on top of your tank on legs, or you can get one that hangs from the ceiling.

its 30" wide, roughly 24" tall and about 18" deep, its a giant box, not really rectangular shaped like the majority of the 55's... im thinking just mh for now and then im planning on buying a bigger tank, thats when i'll buy the high high powered lights

Think long and hard.If your plan is to upgrade soon then it may not be worth investing in lights.If your sticking with what you got than a t5 fixture with individual reflectors will penetrate your somewhat deep tank.I have T5's with IR on a tank 29'' deep.

Back