Light Bulbs...

dolphins8426

Reefing newb
I currently have a nova extreme t5 8 bulb lighting system. I was talking to someone at a LFS and he said usually the bulbs that come with those lights aren't the best. I have had these light for about 10 months now and I was thinking about getting new bulbs for them to have the best possible lighting for my 55g tank. Any suggestion on brand bulbs and watts. I would like more of that white washed out with more of a colorful blue/purple look. You guys know what I mean.

You have no choice but to use 54w T5-HO bulbs,in other words,like Yote stated.

Email or give Reef Geek a call.You can describe exactly what look you are wanting and they can give you recommendations.

ATI and UV are two of the best bulb manufacturers,best PAR rating according to test done on RC.GE makes an excellent 6500k bulb also.

Something to start off,a good balance,IMO.

ATI blue+
UV Aquasun 10k
UV Super Actinic
GE 6500k
ATI blue+
ATI Aquablue Special 12k
ATI blue plus+
UV 75/25 14k(slight blue mix daylight/actinic)**

^^^^^
The above is a good place to start,give them an email/call.

Thanks. I will give them a call this afternoon. There looks like to be hundreds of lighting option and I have no idea where to start. What's it going to be about 200 bucks to replace the bulbs?

Some where in that neighborhood.I think when I bought bulbs,I spent around 250.But I got a couple of extras just in case I accidently break one.

So I finally got a e-mail back from reefgeek and this is what they suggested. Seems like a fair price. Anyone have an opinion on changing the GE 65000k to another ati blue or should I just leave it? What would be the best growing conditions?

$171.60 plus $9.95 shipping and handling.

I like the suggested bulb combination, but if you'd like a bluer color I would change the GE 6500K to another ATI Blue Plus. If you have any additional questions, just let me know. We are here to help!

ATI Blue Plus
UVL Super Actinic
ATI Blue Plus

UVL Aquasun 10k
ATI Aquablue Special 12k
ATI Blue Plus

UVL 75/25 14k(slight blue mix daylight/actinic)**
ATI Blue Plus

Back