Lighting questions....

Jiggajess

Reefing newb
K im totally new to this but i want to be able to keep polys and soft corals along with Live Rock and Fish. I just got a 40g tank with a canopy and it has Led lights I know these arent enough what would u recommend for under a canopy? Im so lost!!!! The more I read the more confused I get :frustrat:

Attachments

• DSCF1086-Copy.jpg
    DSCF1086-Copy.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCF1087-1.jpg
    DSCF1087-1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 224
  • DSCF1092.jpg
    DSCF1092.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 191
Hard to tell what kind of LED lighting you have. Corals can be kept under LED lighting provided you have the right type. Yours appear to be awefully white. for you tank if that light does not work I'd look for something in a 4 bulb T5 fixture or Retro-fit kit.

Right now some of the live rock i got had some button polys and mushrooms and they seem to be doing fine but I would rather be safe then sorry and get more light. Ill def look on that site for some lights can they be put under a canopy?

T5-ho 3ft / 2LAMP Aquarium lighting

Item# t5ho-3ft--2lamp-aquarium-light
$74.99
Bulb choice: all blue1 white 1 blue1 white 1 pinkall whiteall pink Color Temp For the White bulbs: ****6700K10000K14000K

Product Description

Aluminum body is lightweight, heavy duty and rust proof Accommodates ultra efficient,

high output T-5 lamps Included 2 x 39w bulbs

1 switches and 1 power-cords Cool operation and NO noise
36"L x 5"W x 2.5" high

Mounting Leg : Included

Would this be enough for a reef tank? I thought i needed more watts...

Back