Lighting?

WWS

Reefing newb
I have a 29 gallon bio cube that I want to increase the lighting for live corals. I am looking at getting an outer orbit HQI/T5HO lighting ballast.

What I am not sure of is how much light I shoud get. I am leaning towards 2 x 250 W MH but will this be too much light or should I go with 1 x 250 W MH?

Thanks for the input

For a 29 gallon tank, 1 x 250 is definitely all you need. 2 x 250 is WAY overkill. Watch out for how much that heats your water up.

What are some good products that would work for a nano tank? I am up for spending less money for adequate lighting rather than a lot for HQI. Thanks

Yes the UV and ATI bulbs are the best.I hope you don't ask for my recommendation on what bulbs to get.Everybody has different taste on what look they like the best,for instance,I like crisp blue with a hint of purple and pink.

The guys at Reefgeek.com are bunch of great people.Shoot them an email or call,they should help you with your choices more.

Does anyone make T5 ballasts similar to the above with moonlighting LEDs? I really like the night time lighting from the LEDs.

Current Nova makes a good fixture with lunar lights but it doesn't have individual reflectors.The reflectors is in my opinion,the most important thing when deciding on T5 fixture.If I had to chose lunar or IR,I'd go IR.Coralife makes a separate lunar light,its 3/4 watt suction mounted.You would only need one,they are very bright as far as lunar goes...about $15.

Back