Lights, another noob thread from me!

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
Okay, this is my light set up for now. Its an 8500k blue while Stinger LED strip simply screwed to the top. I also have a small, not sure of the size, 12' blue strip and magenta strip I am going to install. I'm thinking I will need a bit more. FOWLR tank only. waht do you think? I want to stick with LEDs.

DSCN1445.jpg

This is the rest of it in case you are wondering. Before I put the water, Live rock and other stuff in. (And painted the walls, and rearranged the office, and cleaned out the files, and cleaned the carpet and..................)

DSCN1452.jpg

Looking good! And I love those strip LEDs they always look great and really bring out some cool colours!

It is full of water and almost looks like a black light. I have them running about 8 hours a day during the cycle. Once things come to life, like algae, I will likely turn them off until the cycle finishes.

I'll shoot a picture of it without a flash and maybe you cam see what it looks like.

Actually, I was just looking at the box the 48' strip came in. Its 12,000k. A little stronger than I had though! Not sure how strong the 12" Blue is. Guess I need to see if I can find that box too.

Back