Lights????

Would I have any restrictions on what type of coral I can have? I already have a PC of 192 watts... it has one 10k and a actinic.

What bubls for the T5??? Two Actinic? or one Actinic and one 10k?

You would be able to keep pretty much anything. Since you are using one halide, you could keep lower intensity animals on either side of the tank, and high intensity animals in the center, beneath the halide.

What you pick for the T5 bulbs will depend on the MH bulb you pick. If you go with a 10K or 12K halide, I'd definitely go with some actinic T5s. If you go with a higher K halide, then you could go 10Ks with the T5s. Usually, they are actinics to balance out the MH.

I love the look of the 14K Phoenix bulbs when it comes to metal halides.Thats what I'm burning in my lights.

Hello Guys,

I got my lights today, I will begin the installation tomorrow. I was wondering on how to setup the timer for the lights. I have two metal halide lamps, one PC with an actinic bulb and a 10k bulb. The PC light I already had it.... Should leave them or take them out? Also I order moonlights.

About the timer I wanted to know when should I program it to turn the metal halide on and off, the moon lights and the PC if I should keep it if not just the Metal halide and moonlights. Thanks

I'd keep the PCs along with the MH. Most people program their actinics to go on one hour before, and stay on one hour after their daylights. For example, actinics on at 8 am, MH on at 9 am, MH off at 8 pm, actinics off at 9 pm.

It's really up to you though, it's all personal preference.

Yes, actinics will stay on the whole time that the MH are on. Usually, moonlights are run whenever the other lights are off, or 24 hours a day.

Probably not in a 65 gallon tank. If it does heat up, you can put a cheapo clip-on fan blowing at the surface of the water, and that can drop your temp by up to 10 degrees. Hardly anyone ever needs a chiller.

I don't really have space for fans in the canopy.... The temperature was around 85 after 3 hours of having the MH on.. I turned them off and just left my PC on

Well just wanted to let you guys know that instead of putting fans I just when ahead an purchase a JBJ Arctica 1/10hp chiller.

Back