linkia star

valasaraptor

Proud ocelot owner!
my lfs has a colored tipped linkia star for 22.00 its about 2 1/2'' and do they need any special care? its beige and has brownish red pattern and each leg has a blue tip on it

I've got a blue linkia and he seems to be pretty durable. I've never done anything special to keep him. I lost him in my overflow box for a few days, he's missing a leg from a Mantis shrimp (previous owner) and he keeps on going.

However, they do have a reputation for being difficult to keep alive. I think Biff has one or two, and there are a few others on the site who have them as well.

do they have a certian size tank they need? do u think a 2 1/2'' would be fine in a 11g? i really like him but if not im gettin a purple firefish im leanin towards the firefish

I have 3, one got killed by a mantis, but the other 2 are doing great, i overfeed my tank so he gets fed well, which is what you will have to do in your 30 so he has enough food.

They arent hard to keep but are tempermental, and by that i mean they strive in some tanks, and in others seem to wither away. But i hear more success stories than death stories which is a plus :)

My blue linckia hasn't moved in two weeks. He's definitely alive and looks healthy. He's just been in the exact same position on the exact same rock the whole time. I can't decide if that's good or bad!! :lol:

In the wild they are found in areas of dead coral or rubble where detritus tends to collect. I think I'm gonna get a small one.

They need a very mature tank. I always suggest a tank at least a year old. They feed of of microbes in the tank. I have had/have three linknias.

Back