linkia starfish concern

buddy08

SPS Addict
for those of you who have them, does yours spend a lot of time on the glass? i swear mine is just like the one in finding nemo, always on the glass. occasionally i will catch a glimpse of it moving across the rockwork but eventually it finds its way back to the glass and is stuck pretty securely to it. i know theyre good scavengers but im concerned if hes hungry or doing just fine. i want to try and feed him but have no idea how to. i tried holding a piece of algae sheet near one of his arms but he never grabs it.

He's planning his escape...
You can place a piece of food right underneath him in the middle of his body...where his mouth is. I wish you the best with him.

what kind of food? and in all honesty, hes sucked so close to the glass its hard to pry him up to give him food. i dont want to hurt him, i.e. break an arm off

He's planning his escape...
You can place a piece of food right underneath him in the middle of his body...where his mouth is. I wish you the best with him.

LOL Are the other fish throwing rocks in your filter? Do you have a pesky pelican that watches you.......

From what I understand, they feed on bacterial film, my guess is its easier for him to eat the bacteria off of the glass versus the rocks.

I've read a lot that says they are difficult to maintain in our systems, I wish that wasn't the case I really like the way they look

I have had mine for well over a year. Back and forth between 2 tanks. They will cling to the glass, and stay put for a while. Mine roams over the rock work, and glass. In fact he is stuck on the front of my 24 Nano right now, just hanging out.

IVe had one in my 60g since my tank was 2 months old. He is doing great :)

I dont know if you need to supplement feeding, but the only way is to put food underneath him like suggested. I actually flick mine off the glass all the time, so dont worry, he wont get hurt.

Back