Live Rock- How Much?

cool, ill have to check them out. Theres a few places ive been to in Toronto the specialize in marine, all the dealers have been very shady though. Dont really trust them

Ryan at WTR has a very good online reputation with the people over at aquariumpros.ca. It was enough to make me drive the 4 hrs to buy the rock there instead of locally. I'm glad I did, I get tons of compliments on the rock. He said it was Fiji, but called it fiji tatoka or something like that.

Look for rocks with different colors and different shapes. And like someone else said, you get the most bang for your buck if you buy light weight rock that's more porous.

I have 60 pounds in my 40 gallon tank, and to be honest, wish I had added more, I'm focused on inverts, so I have 1 ocellaris (1 didn't make it :( and 1 six line wrasse (I plan on keeping tridacnids, so it's parasite control). The live rock I bought was in 30 pound quantities, so I bought 2 boxes, thought 90 pounds was a bit much, and now that it's cured, I don't think I'll add more, that's 1.5 pounds for my tank per gallon, I can live with that.

Sounds just about right at 1.5 per gallon... post up some pics whaen ya get a chance.. I would like to see that rock...

I got the Lalo live rock from LiveAquaria, I've been very happy with it, very unique in terms of shape and with lots of good purple and other things on it. I think well worth the price. I currently don't have a camera, but I'm getting one soon

Back