Live Rock Questions?

owen386

Reefing newb
Hey All,

SDo I just purchased a good amount of well cured live rock that was currently sitting in a running tank. My question is can i just put this rock right into my DT currenly it is sitting in a 5gal bucket with salt water and a powerhead. Also 1 of the pieces of rock has what looks like bron hair matted up on the rock good. bad ? should I leave this rock out? Thanks!

-Owen

I would leave it with the powerhead turning in it for a week or so.I would also add a piece from your tank checking it for any amonia spike. if none in about a week or so I would be pretty sure you would be safe to add it.. make sure the powerhead breaks the suface some to release gasses..

Alright So Little Update I Have The Live Rock in A 5gal Bucket on MY back Porch with Powerhead turning over the saltwater I just tested Bucket water and ammonia is little high up at about 1-2ppm range I also put little piece of live rock in DT maybe 1/2lb and Water tested in the DT with .05 ppm ammonia now commencing a water Change. Any Ideas On what is going on and when I can Add my live rock to my display tank? LR should Have had no Die off as it was in a well established tank fully cured and only transported for about an hr. correct? Any Thoughts Would be Great as I Am New To All This. Thanks!

-Owen

Cool thanks so much guys and girls appreciate all the help I get on here! Will let it run it's course and keep testing will post pics when I get this LR in my Display

Back