Live Rock setup

clownfish77

Reefing newb
I just got a lot more live rock (30% off sale) I added over 2X's the weight that was already in the tank. I know you should add all your rock when you first set up your tank, but I couldn't afford to buy that much all at once.

First question: Is there anything I should be watching for that can hurt my tank or those who live in it?
Second question: Placing the rocks to look good is harder than it looks, does anyone have any tips? :question:

rock addition

I sure hope it was cured or you could be in for problems. Placement is up to you, although it seems that burying the biggest pieces in the sand for stability and building up from there works well. I have my pieces fit tight together so my smaller fish have places to hide that my bigger fish cannot get into. Rocks never seem to look pretty regardless of how they are placed, that is the beauty of corals!!! Makes even the most average pile of rocks look incredible. lol

-Marco :sfish:

Thank you! Yes it was cured live rock and I think I have them as good as I can get them. Now if I could just get my 3 Sea anemone to move where they would look good. Thanks guys for the comfort I can sleep tonight. :bounce:

moving your anemone

I have had luck making an anemone release it's foot by gently touching the foot with a small metal spatula. They don't seem to like the feel of the metal and slowly releases their foot. Be careful not to push too hard or try and cut the foot. Just lightly brush the foot with the metal and it will release. Good luck.

-Marco :sfish:

Back