Live Rock temp change?

beano

habitual reefer
I am moving my tank across town and needless to say I am stressed out... I think I will be OK I have water mixed up and buckets galore but one thing has me worried:

I will have water mixed and ready to go, I will use my QT to heat up the new water before the move but I think my LR will have to go in the DT before the water is completely heated up. If all other parameters are equal will my LR be shocked with sudden temp changes?

any thoughts? thanks,
Devin

it wont be to bad. if you can put all your old water in a cooler and just move the tank last and set it up first and you will be ok i moved my 50gal in 4 coolers and a couple buckets i saved almost all the water and kept the rock under water and all the corals and fish in another cooler and more rock in buckets and coolers.

yeah everything will be moved with as much water from the old tank as possible but there will be a substantial amount of new water awaiting us. i am concerned about the temp difference because my fish will wait it out in buckets until the whole tank is full of warm water, but i think the LR will have to go in first without waiting it out.

It wont hurt the rock to put it in before the waters completely warmed up.All the pods will hide deep inside the rock where the temp will be more stable.

The others have you covered. You should also consider that with your lights, heater, and ambient temp, you should be able to get the water pretty warm as you are getting set up. Just keep the room temp up a bit, with your lights on and the tank should be fine!

ha ha room temp...106 degrees on move day....everything went well except for a trip to the hardware store for shims. thanks for the advice all!

Back