Lizard to Fish tank

Paligues

Reefing newb
So i don't know if this thread belongs here or not (sorry mods) but I am looking at a 75g tank (for $20!!!) that used to house some sort of lizard. After bragging about it at work, someone told me that lizards excrete some sort of toxin that can't be gotten rid of even after the reptile is long gone. True or is someone full of.... well you get the point.

I've never heard of that, a good bleaching can get rid of anything...your main concern should be if the tank will hold water. Lots of reptile tanks are not completely sealed, and will leak, so do a leak test before buying it. But for $20, you can always re seal it.

I've never heard of that, a good bleaching can get rid of anything...your main concern should be if the tank will hold water. Lots of reptile tanks are not completely sealed, and will leak, so do a leak test before buying it. But for $20, you can always re seal it.

agreed,i have never heard of that either...just curious if it was a regular 75 that the guy just happen to put a lizard in,or is it a reptile tank?Either way 20 bucks ,a good cleaning and leak test and your good to go

Awesome! Thanks guys. I also looked into the 'Reptile tank' and the largest terrarium i have found was 50 gallons. So i think this was a case of loving the reptile too much :P

+1...Never heard of it...but make sure it can hold water...I think reptiles have a tendency to chew or scratch away alot of the silicone, causing the tank to not hold water...

Back