longhorned cowfish query

realreef-leanne09

Reefing newb
i have a longhorned cowfish which is about 3 inches big, when i got him he was really yellow all over but he seems to constantly be black now, im worried because i no they can release a toxic, the only time he seems to go back yellow is when the moon light is on? any thoughts on what could be wrong with him?:HELP!:

Is the fish acting healthy and eating?
If he is,then it could just be natural for them to change like that.

Some cowfish do change colors. I have not heard about the longhorns specifically, but I do know that several other species do it.

I think as long as it looks healthy and is eating, there isn't much cause for concern.

Things that make you go mmmmmmmmmmmmmm i did not no this. Thats a great bit of info biff and yote.+1 to both of you:bowdown:

he does eat but its a battle for him to get food being in with a dogface puffer and porcupine puffer was told he was a algae grazer, but hes growing well so must get his fair share. cow tipping? good 1 haha

They usually won't do well if they are in a tank with aggressive fish. Cowfish do best when in their own dedicated species tank because they are so shy about eating. You can try feeding the other fish first, then secretly sending some food his way while the other fish are occupied.

I don't think they would do well with your Tanks. They are just too shy and wimpy. Slow movers that probably would get scared from all your Tangs playing.

Yur probably right David Ive been strugling with this decission for about 6 month, the wife is my reality thinker. She has kept me from getting it :grumble:

Back