looking 4 t5

Why wouldn't you want your caulerpa to reproduce? Can't you trade that stuff in for a good credit at the LFS?

well, actually when this stuff goes asexual, it can yellow the water and give off some super nasty stuff into the water, and can and has crashed tanks. most people wont mess with it cause of that, oh and i also think that its illegal in cali-forn-i-a.

With 432 watts of T-5 light,you can keep any coral,clam,or anemone that you want and not have to worry about it.

Really?! Thats awesome, so i'll basically have all the light i'll ever need then!

thinking about these lights... its gotten me to thinking.. EVERYBODY DUCK!

right now i have the 4pc's @65w ea. thats 260W of lights. I'm talking about going to over 400W plus going to a much much much better reflector setup. I will be raising the bulbs about 8 inches higher than what i have now, but still, i think my tank is bright enough to look at now. effectively doubeling the light is gonna be bright!

Last edited:
Why wouldn't you want your caulerpa to reproduce?

When caulerpa reproduces and releases spores into the water, it sucks all the oxygen out of the water. pH crashes and the tank crashes shortly after that. :pooh:

I use cheato and ONLY cheato for that exact reason. Can you imagine if your timer went bad or if something happened to make your refugium lights fail a few times in one week --trigger the caulerpa into reproduction mode and you wake up one morning to a white/foggy tank and everything dead? :frustrat: I'd probably lose it right there and end up in a padded room for a couple months. :shock:

Last edited:
think of my system like a nasa shuttle, i have multiple backups, but there is still the possibility of a disaster, multible bulbs, on battery backups,

and i have to look at the fuge at least 2x per day to do my top-offs untill i get the new sump all inplace... so it wont go more than about 12 hours without an inspection.

Back