Looking for a fish to eat little pods

Piratefish

SPS Freak
I am looking for a good friendly fish that will eat all the little pods of various sorts in my tank. I know this is sort of a wierd question. The fish I have are a jawfish, green clown goby, 2 chromis and a small goby cant remember what kind. I was thinking a sixline wrasse? Any other options? P.S. I really hate my Chromis.

A six-line wrasse or most any other wrasse will eat your pods. If you have a reef tank then make sure its the reef safe variety. They are known to be jumpers so you may consider some type of cover. You can also look into Mandarin Dragonets. They are pod eating machines.

Nope, they do just fine in full reef tanks. My LFS has one in his personal DT, it's really awesome looking.

You could get a Yellow Tailed Blue Damsel and he would decimate your pods but would most likely attack other fish his size and smaller.

You could get a Yellow Tailed Blue Damsel and he would decimate your pods but would most likely attack other fish his size and smaller.

I think I have turned into a fish snob. I really dont like those Damsel and Chromis. The funny thing is I always thought I wanted a school of Chromis.

I agree with you on the Damsels and Chromis. If you have a large tank, a school of 15-20 very small Chromis is very cool. Then they grow up and aren't so cool. :lol:

Back