Looking for idea's and recommendations.....

mtkid6

So much to learn....
Right now I have a 65 watt pc light on my 37 gallon tank. I know that its not the best but not the worst either. The tank is 30 x 12 x 22. I am would like to have the optiont to have whatever I want but I am also on somewhat of a budget. I would rather spend money once for a good light. I thought I was sold on led's but the more I read here the more I am not.:frustrat:

I would sure appreciate any thoughts or suggestions from you guys out there.

First thing you should do is look around for a deal on something used. I found my MH's for under $100. That was a no brainer considering that the reflectors alone would cost more than that new.

Try talking to your lfs, they seem to know what some one is leaving the hobby and trying to get rid of stuff. Or try and find a local reefing club.

I only have one lfs within 150 miles here and I can't find a reef club in the state. If you have heard of one in montana or the surrounding area please let me know. Thanks...what are peoples feeling towards power compact lights?

Thanks for the heads up. I am just struggling to find a good answer for my lighting. I have a canopy and would like to keep it on. Would 5-6 inches be enough clearance for a mh pendant?

what are you looking for heights pet center here did have some nova pros they are t5s and ron can order something different if you need

there is a reef club for the northwest like kalispell area and i forgot the site name if i remember it i will let you know

I only have one lfs within 150 miles here and I can't find a reef club in the state. If you have heard of one in montana or the surrounding area please let me know. Thanks...what are peoples feeling towards power compact lights?

i have seen some very nice reef tanks that were lit with just pc lights.

Thanks for the heads up. I am just struggling to find a good answer for my lighting. I have a canopy and would like to keep it on. Would 5-6 inches be enough clearance for a mh pendant?

yes 5 or 6 in is ok but it will heat up the water more. my mh fixture sits maybe 6-7 in off the water.

If you have a canopy, you can always buy the ballasts, stand offs and end caps, and the bulbs and do a DIY inside. But don't forget reflectors!

I would be happy to drive to billings to pick something up. Do they have a website?

no they dont. i would do down and look to see what they have but i am packing so i can leave for work. i go in there all the time when i am home but never look at the lights they have in stock. you could call and talk to ron about a price for a nova pro light i will find the number for the store

I have never done anything like that before but with some help I would give it a shot. Any good links for diy t5's?

Back