Looking for Led's...

Hooray! I can't wait the see the pictures! My LFS put some up over their SPS and clam tank... the colors are amazing.

Thanks ladies..I'm excited too. I ordered the marineland reef capable led's at first, but realized that wouldn't be enough light for nothing but softies and a few lps's, so I changed my order to this one.

I have the Ecoray 60s above my tank, and I really like them! Although I did have to cut the white light time back to 6 hours recently because some of my sps were bleaching. Since then, they've all colored back up and are doing great!

On a side note, did you really pay $399? I got mine for $375 back in October, and now my LFS is selling them for something like $275.

Yeah...I read that I'll have to cut the daylight back some...and yep, 399.00, but if it's worth it, I don't mind. :)

Let me know how it works for you.

They have them at Chicago Reptile House. Cant remember how much, but the guys working there like them better than the Marine Land ones. They say they dont spot light since the LEDs are closer together.

You're right Bj, reptile house does have them. That's why I went with them, because I saw the ones at the store. He wanted the same price for them(400).

Nice choice Smitty. I haven't had a chance to hang my Aqua Illuminations over the tank yet - UPS mis routed the package with the hanging rails

I did it too quickly, and the increase in lighting caused a big algae outbreak. I'd have more patience than me and do it over 3+ weeks.

Back