Lps

I have a bubble tip that has crawled under a rock but my 2 clown skunks still host it. Theres not a whole lot you can do about it. he might come out aftr he gets used to the bright lights. I guess he doesnt like being a super star:coolgleem

What can I do about it ? Put little sun shades around him ...... lol Maybe build an arbor over him like we did our pond, yea, and put lattice on top !!!! lol Seriously, I don't know what to do with him, every place on the net said they like light, He's the red one I paid a lot of money for, just so my clown would host him instead of my goniopora. And no, he hasn't hosted it at all.

Place a pair of sun glasses above him.:bounce:

Do you have an overhanging ledge anywhere in your rock work?

Try and create an overhang that will provide shade for it. Take the rock and the coral and place it 1/2 in the shade and 1/2 in the light. Watch it and see if it crawls into the shade or out into the light. Give it a month.

lol make sure you dont get fakes they don't have UV protection

You know it, no knock offs for my fishies....

Do you have an overhanging ledge anywhere in your rock work?

Try and create an overhang that will provide shade for it. Take the rock and the coral and place it 1/2 in the shade and 1/2 in the light. Watch it and see if it crawls into the shade or out into the light. Give it a month.

No, I don't, but I will make one. hmmmm back to more aquascaping for me .....

This is what he looks like now.

Attachments

• 100_0369.jpg
    100_0369.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 238
  • 100_0371.jpg
    100_0371.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 200
I'd make a big overhang - flip him and the rock over so he's right-side up - and then slip him up under the overhang - probably as low flow as you can get right now since he's stressed - pile up rocks around him to buffer flow from powerheads and return lines. I'd be trying to get him into calm waters and shaded for at least a month.

My candy cane coral was receding and never looked puffed up and fleshy. It was up high in the tank and getting blasted by a powerhead with a Hydor rotating attachment - so getting blasted about every 15 seconds.

I moved that coral to the bottom of the tank and no direct flow. Not really shaded, but significantly less light at the bottom of the tank than when it was perched up right near the top of the water line. It's doubled in size in 2 months. :shock:

I have 6 - t5's. I tested the water, it's all good. He has never been happy since I bought him. I will do the overhang thing now. There is very little flow where he is now. But, I will move things around for him. He is still eating. He likes shrimp.

OK... did some aquascaping, he is under a ledge now. I hope this works. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 100_0375.jpg
    100_0375.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 100_0377.jpg
    100_0377.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 238
This is what he looks like now. He is still attached to the rock. What do you think ?

Attachments

• 100_0382.jpg
    100_0382.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 195
I tried the silversides, but the fish kept taking it out of his mouth. So now I feed it salad shrimp, they are small. I still have to stand guard with my tongs and fight the fish off. I feed him shrimp once a week. Is that too little ?

Back