LR from Antigua

twps

Reefing newb
I was in Atigua last week on vacation. My resort was on Long Beach which is surrounded by a beautiful reef full of caribbean blue, poweder brown and blue tangs, wrasse's, cardinal fish... I was amazing.
One night a storm blew in and the beach was scattered with LR, seaweed, kelp (with roots) So I picked up a couple small pieces of LR kept them wet and brought them home. I put them in the QT for the time being, how long before I can add them to my DT?
The one piece is pretty bleached out branch like, the other is a funny shaped rock covered in purple coraline.

I thought it would be okay, but wasn't sure so I thought I'd check with the experts here. It was out of the ocean for approx. 12 hours before I put it into my tank. It stayed wet and warm in my luggage during the flight. I haven't seen any interesting critters on it, but it may have some cool algae/coral growth possibilities!

I just found a cool looking worm tube thingy on it. It extends itself then retracts and is hard to spot again.

Here's a couple of pics. They're small piece, each a little bigger than my hand. The third picture is of the worm I just found. It has a fan (palm tree like) head and is red, fully stretch out at least an inch long. Is it a bristle worm?

Attachments

• 194.jpg
    194.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 196.jpg
    196.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 200.jpg
    200.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 173
Back