Maintaining pH

Annie

Reefing newb
Hi all, sorry if this has been covered but I can't seem to find it anywhere. What is the best way to keep pH at a reasonable level in my 58l Boyu? Mine is currently between 7.0 and 8.0 (I have some of those semi useful dipstick testers).

Those dipsticks aren't reliable at all, I would get an Api test kit. Ph isn't supposed to fluctuate that much, and I really doubt it goes down to 7.0. Make sure have good water movement/aeration also.

Yeah I read they're nigh on useless. I have tiny air bubbles in the tank where I moved the airflow to break the surface of the water. I assume this is ok? Thanks, I will get a test kit like the ones I already use for nitrates etc.

Your pH could not ever fluctuate by that much. It should sit someplace around 8.1. There are many ways to keep it there, including BRS 2 part, Alk dosing, running reactors etc. And +1 you need to use a test kit those pH strips are useless when trying to measure pH accurately.

Yeah they are not fluctuating but using those test strips while i wait to get to somewhere to get some proper test kits. The useless colour stuff is showing it inbetween 7 and 8.

Back