Majano

Never heard of it. I have read though that there are very few natural preditors of mojano nems. Sorry I can't remember what was listed.

well i just googled "will peppermint shrimp eat majano anemone" and the first 3 things i read said THEY WILL

Last edited:
No I think she is hoping for that chance happening. Majanos anemones are pests, much like apstasia's.

I dont know of anything that will eat majano anemones.
But look on the bright side.They stay small,and dont reproduce like aiptasia.

Mine sure do reproduce like aiptasia!! I started with one, and now I have about two dozen. I killed a bunch of them with kalk paste, but some of them are wedged so far into rock crevasses that I can't reach them to smother them. And there are about 4 corals on the rock that they're on, so I can't take it out of the water or do anything to the whole rock.

I've read they have no sting or a very weak one.Let it be and consider them part of your coral collection.IME,peppermints don't touch mejanos.

Well, my xenia don't have a sting either, but I still have to prune them. The majano are taking over areas where I have different zoanthids, so it's not a matter of them stinging, it's a matter of them smothering... They just spread too quickly.

Back