Majestic angel

ccCapt

Reef Hacker
Anyone ever have a majestic angel? I'm thinking about putting 1 in my reef. From what I read they and a regal about about the safest large angels that can go in a reef tank without eating every coral in it.

cant say I have a majestic sry but I have had a regal and never had one problem with him.. I also had a pakistani butterfly which I never did either..Just need to make sure there is plenty of food to keep them well fed..

sry should have put in there the only reason I dont have them I was in between tanks for a couple of months..

I've never had one but, after looking at some pics on google I came across this article. Aquarium Fish: Pomacanthus navarchus - The Majestic Angelfish — Advanced Aquarist's Online Magazine
Yep, I've read that article and just about everything else I could find on them.
Capt, Sanjay had/has an angel in his tank. I don't now what type.
I know Sanjay quite well. I don't think he has any large angels in his personal 500g reef. He has a pair of genicanthus angels (bellus) and a pair of pygmy angels (joculator), but they do have a large Koran in the 500g reef at PSU.

I have a Majestic on order from my LFS. I told them I want a smallish 1. We'll see how it does once I get it.

Thanks.
Currently I only have an Atlantic blue tang (5"), striped bristletooth tang (5"), Larmark angel (6"), pair of clarkii clowns, yellow watchman goby and a pair of firefish.

I kinda figured you had found that article, it sounds pretty promising though especially in an SPS reef.

hopefully the majestic will tolerate the lamarck in its tank..
the lamarck I know is docile but I think the majestic may be a little aggressive towards him..

do it do it do it!!!!!!

only issues i had with my koran (pomacanthus semicirculatus) was with green zoanthids. those became lunch. but i even have palys in there and it doesnt touch them. soft lps and sps are all in my tank and doing great!

I had a large Majestic that I lost a few months ago, he "buzzed" a pipe organ coral that was about the size of baseball in two days. I also had quite a bit of purple sponge in my tank that he cleaned out pretty quick. I now have a large Koran angel that loves Xenias, he will eat whatever he wants in this type of coral. He has not bothered my mushrooms or leathers of yet, but hopefully he will not develop a taste for them. GOOD LUCK.

Well, I know this is digging up an old thread - but this thread and some articles online convinced me that this angel is semi-safe enough to give a shot. My LFS just happened to have one in one of thier tanks, its drip acclimating right now

I'm still waiting on mine. :(

hopefully the majestic will tolerate the lamarck in its tank..
the lamarck I know is docile but I think the majestic may be a little aggressive towards him..
I'm afraid of just the opposite. My lamark is far from docile. It's the boss of the tank.

Last edited:
Back