making saltwater

Butch 36

Reefing newb
I normally use tap water with chlorine remover and I put a powerhead in it for a couple of days...I was thinking about boiling the water,,would that make the water better to use? did anyone ever try this?

A RODI filter is the cheapest and easiest way to go. Boiling will not remove the disolved solids that a filter will.

I agree with chris you should get yourself a proper filtering system for your makeup water, ro and if you can afford it an ro/di system.

Where do they sell the RO/DI system pretty cheap..The thing is, I have spent a few grand in the last 5 months..and when you tell your wife that the most it would cost to build a saltwater reef tank is around $500.00....Well,,, you get my point? hahahaha..some of yall know what i'm talking about...LOL..so far I hid alot of purchases from her, I install A/C on the side.(moonlighting) for extra money for this new addiction..so money she don't know about,, she doesn't know how much i'm spending...And don't yall think about blackmailling me..LOL

Last edited:
Back