Mandarin taking a beating!

Jmck

Reef enthusiast
Ok, so last night, I added 2 corals, snails and a male green mandarin for the female I already had ( I love those fish)

The corals are in my build thread if you want to see, 2 nice sps :)

But, today when He came out, the first thing I see is my dam female clown beating on him. That fish is so dam violent, just want to beat her with a wooden spoon! (reference from biffs protection from her clown hehe)

So im waiting to see how the two mandarins get along together! maybe even fall in love :bounce::bounce:

Bah! how is this, my female green mandarin is flaring up at the male, and now, my clowns are picking on the female as well. Dam territorial fish, funny seeing the mandarins get agressive with each other though :P

I hope so too, the clowns had him cornered and wouldnt let him move. Pretty rude initiation lol

yea, and mine are enjoying picking on the most docile male ever.... he hasnt even flared his fins! so disappointed so far lol

Yea, he is really non manly! even the female mandarin is beating up on him lol. And he is twice the size!

I actually dont think he is 100% healthy. He is very light in colour in comparison to my other mandarin and I havent actually seen him grazing much. Ive been add live rotifers so maybe that will help him. But only time will tell.

They are 100% different genders, I picked him up to see the fins today, The aggression is lower, the mandarin is being friendly with him, and the clowns arent picking on him so much :) So they will be fine. Just sucks seeing him get picked on lol.

yea, thanks for the advice, ill watch him over the next few days, I have seen a decrease, once the clowns stop feeling threatened it should stop.

I will have a bigger tank at the end of the year, so if all else fails he can come back then :)

yea, possibly, would be fun :) but the problem would be everything eating the babies! :( stupid clownfish. And I dont really want to setup a breeding tank.

Back